Our roasted red potatoes recipe is easy to make and super tasty. If you’ve ever wanted to make roasted taters that are creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside, then this recipe is for you!
Preparation couldn’t be easier—once you cut the potatoes and toss them with olive oil and seasonings, all you have to do is place them in the oven until they’re just the right amount of brown and crispy. We like ours to have a kick, and if you like a little spice as much as we do, we recommend adding red pepper flakes to amp up the heat.
We also like a little bump of garlic in our roasted potatoes; however, fresh garlic can burn when it’s in the oven for a long period of time. Garlic powder is a great alternative and delivers just the right amount of flavor for this roasted red potatoes recipe.
Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley flakes, dried
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Place rack in center of the oven then preheat to 450 degrees. Scrub and rinse potatoes, pat dry with a kitchen towel then remove any blemishes or undesirable spots using a paring knife.
- Cut potatoes into 1"–1½" cubes then place into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle oil and salt over them then toss to coat. Sprinkle garlic powder, parsley flakes and red pepper flakes (if using) evenly over the potatoes, stirring frequently to ensure even distribution.
- Transfer potatoes to baking sheet and bake about 45–50 minutes, turning the potatoes every 15 minutes to prevent sticking and ensure they brown on all sides. You’ll know they’re done when they are nicely browned and fork tender.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a serving dish then serve immediately.
The olive oil and kosher salt works as a glue to ensure the other seasonings will stick while roasting!