Roasting is an easy and wholesome way to cook veggies without sacrificing taste. This roasted vegetable medley is the perfect example; it’s got a great texture and even better flavor. Plus, it’s vegan-friendly!
You can use whatever kind of vegetables that you like. Not a fan of sweet potatoes? Turnips or carrots would make a great substitution.
All in all, you’re looking at about three pounds of vegetables before cooking!
Also, we went the traditional route by using rosemary as our herb of choice, but you can play around with basil, oregano or dill. Really, it’s up to your taste buds.
roasted vegetable medley recipe
what you'll need
- 1 small sweet potato cut into 1" pieces
- 1 red onion cut into 1½" pieces
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into 1½" pieces
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and cut into 1½" pieces
- 2 zucchini about 8" long, quartered lengthwise and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 yellow squash quartered lengthwise and cut into 2" pieces
- 8 oz mushrooms halved
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp rosemary chopped, or 1½ tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- red pepper flakes to taste, optional
let's do it
- Place 2 racks as close to the center of the oven as possible with at least 4" space between them. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- Wash, peel, seed and cut vegetables into appropriate sizes. (Avoid deviating too much from the indicated cut sizes as the cooking time for each vegetable varies depending on its size.)
- Place the chopped vegetables in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Add the rosemary, salt and pepper, and toss to coat once again. Divide the vegetable medley evenly between the 2 prepared baking sheets and arrange into an even layer.
- Bake 40–45 minutes, tossing the vegetables every 15 minutes. The cooking time may vary slightly based on the size of the veggies, so roast until each vegetable is tender and the edges are slightly browned. Remove from oven, transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!