Versatility is the one word that comes to mind with this seasoned chicken salad recipe. It’s perfect for finicky eaters who prefer simpler food yet makes a delicious starting point for those who want to be more adventurous.
Shredded chicken, a little mayo and salad seasoning make this a super easy dish to throw together. The seasoning combines just the right amount of Romano cheese, poppy and sesame seeds, paprika, garlic, celery seed and red and black pepper—all in one little bottle!
Add onion powder then introduce chopped celery or carrots if you want a crunchy texture. Whether served on a bed of lettuce, with crackers as an appetizer or just as an ordinary sandwich, it’ll appeal to just about everyone.
Seasoned Chicken Salad Recipe
what you'll need
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 3
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp salad seasoning
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup celery or carrots, chopped, optional
- 1/3 cup grapes sliced
- salt and pepper
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse chicken breasts under cool water, pat dry with a paper towel and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Coat each piece of chicken with oil and season both sides lightly with salt and pepper. Bake 12–16 minutes (depending on thickness), just until cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Shred the cooled chicken with two forks or chop very finely. Place chicken into a medium-sized mixing bowl, add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Serve this chicken salad on a bed of lettuce, in a sandwich or on crackers as an appetizer. Enjoy!
One Last Thing