Sopapilla cheesecake, we’re in love with you. We based this recipe on using crescent dough; however, we quickly discovered that puff pastry is much tastier and has a crispier texture. This recipe comes together in just under an hour, and everyone will worship you for it.
Because the cinnamon, sugar and light drizzle of honey is reminiscent of the popular Mexican dessert, we suggest serving this on taco night! Of course, it’s also a fine choice for any occasion—especially a potluck.
Sopapilla Cheesecake Recipe
Combine your two very favorite desserts to please the crowd—this sopapilla cheesecake made with puff pastry is a winner. Ole!
Yield: 24 servings
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- honey, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees then coat a 9" x 13" pan or 1/2 sheet pan with cooking spray. Lightly flour work surface and roll 1 sheet of puff pastry to fit the pan. Line the bottom of the pan with pastry and use a fork to poke holes in the pastry several times. This will allow steam to escape.
- Bake 15 minutes until light golden brown. While the pastry crust is baking, place cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat until smooth and completely combined, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Remove pastry crust from oven then spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the top. After rolling the second sheet of dough to fit the pan, lay the sheet of puff pastry over cream cheese mixture, tucking top around the filling and under the bottom crust.
- Brush melted butter over top sheet of puff pastry. In a small bowl, mix ⅓ cup granulated sugar with cinnamon then sprinkle over top. Bake for 25–27 minutes until pastry is puffed up and the top is crispy. Allow bars to cool completely, then refrigerate or cut into squares, drizzle with honey then dig in!
Crispy crust and soft filling is a great texture combination!
Calories: 193kcal, Carbohydrates: 18g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium: 126mg, Potassium: 25mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!