Spicy Homemade Cornbread
We’re not afraid to toot our own horn when it comes to our spicy homemade cornbread recipe. It’s made with creamed corn, shredded pepper jack cheese and Creole seasoning for results that are super moist and slightly sweet with just a hint of spice.
Once you give this easy-to-make recipe a go in your own kitchen, you’ll never worry about dry, crumble-in-your-hands cornbread again! We promise, after you serve this, your family, friends and neighbors will be begging for the recipe!
We couldn’t believe our eyes when our taste-testers went to town, gobbling up every slice of bread without adding butter or honey—it was unanimous, the flavor was so good all around, no one felt the need to add accouterments. Our spicy homemade cornbread did so well on its own, we’re looking forward to serving it along with our barbecue favorites all summer long!
Spicy Homemade Cornbread Recipe
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 14.75 oz can creamed corn
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees then coat an 8" square or equivalent-sized baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together butter and sugar, then add eggs and beat until completely combined. Stir in creamed corn, green onions and cheese.
- Sift in flour, cornmeal, baking powder and all seasonings then stir just until combined. Transfer into prepared baking dish and bake 35–40 minutes or until center is firm and edges are golden.
- Allow the cornbread to rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.