Spinach Artichoke Dip Pizza
You don’t have to be vegetarian to fall in love with this recipe! We even have a pizza dough recipe that will make two huge 14″ spinach artichoke dip pizza pies. Prepare dough ahead or freeze up to one month—you’ll have it whenever you’re ready.
Using frozen spinach rather than fresh is much more cost effective for this particular recipe. The equivalent amount of fresh would make this a pretty pricey meal. You’ll have plenty to go around and you can even reserve half the topping to serve with crackers!
Spinach Artichoke Dip Pizza Recipe
Turn your favorite dip into a vegetarian pizza! You’re going to love our spinach artichoke dip pizza recipe.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 lbs pizza dough, premade
- 9 oz box spinach, defrosted
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets or pizza pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide pizza dough into 2 equal parts then roll into two 14" circles approximately ⅛" thick. Transfer each crust to the baking pans.
- Place defrosted spinach and artichokes into a colander, press firmly to squeeze out as much liquid as possible then set aside.
- Add cream cheese to a medium-sized, microwave-safe mixing bowl and soften in the microwave for 30 seconds—the cream cheese should be the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Add spinach, artichokes, sour cream, salt, red pepper flakes and garlic powder, stirring until well combined. Fold in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, reserving the remainder. When all ingredients are well combined, set spinach artichoke dip aside.
- Brush each pizza crust with olive oil then sprinkle with 2 Tbsp of grated Parmesan, reserving the remainder. Divide dip equally between the two crusts spreading into an even layer with a 1" border around the edge. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake pizzas, one at a time, 16–18 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the topping is bubbly and light golden brown. Remove pizza from oven and allow to cool at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
To avoid a soggy crust, squeeze as much liquid out of the spinach and artichokes as possible.
Calories: 571kcal, Carbohydrates: 57g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 28g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 53mg, Sodium: 1005mg, Potassium: 258mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!