Getting kids ready in the morning is no easy feat. Getting them to eat a descent breakfast is just as difficult! Our spinach egg muffins are not only fun to eat, they’ll provide energy to get the day started.
We made these omelets on-the-go with tomatoes, spinach and feta, but you can add your favorite ingredients then fill muffin cups with eggs.
Cupcake liners are a MUST with these babies and you’ll want to spray them with cooking spray. Without them, the egg muffins are guaranteed to stick and make cleanup a nightmare.
Spinach Egg Muffins Recipe
what you'll need
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 18 cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, place 9 liners in a muffin tin and spray the liners generously with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Rinse baby spinach in a large strainer and leave wet. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the wet spinach and cover. Let steam 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. When wilted and bright green, pour spinach back into strainer and press with a wooden spoon to extract as much water as possible. When cool enough to handle, chop finely.
- In a large measuring cup or a bowl with a pour spout, beat eggs and milk until color is uniform then stir in salt and pepper.
- Place an equal amount of tomatoes, spinach and feta cheese crumbles into each muffin cup then fill cups approximately 80% full with beaten egg.
- Bake 14–16 minutes or until centers are barely firm to the touch and the tops of the muffins have domed. Remove from oven and allow them to cool 2–3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!