August is peach month so we created a summer salad with peaches, arugula, walnuts and a honey butter drizzle. It’s delicious and deceptively healthy! Shave fresh peaches on a mandolin so they are as light and delicate as leafy greens, and pepper the mixture with a creamy, salty punch of goat cheese.
Adding fresh seasonal ingredients is a fun way to brighten up your standard salad! Serve this savory summer salad at a barbecue or afternoon tea. You can even make it in advance for a healthy lunch at the office.
Summer salad with peaches recipe
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 6 cups baby arugula, 4 oz
- 4 peaches, pitted and shaved
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- black pepper
- Mix olive oil, lemon zest and juice then toss with the arugula, peaches, goat cheese and walnuts.
- Melt butter and stir in honey in small saucepan. Add salt and pepper and whisk.
- Drizzle dressing over top of salad and serve.
I love a fabulous salad incorporating fresh produce at its peak!