Super Moist Banana Bread
Dark bananas and a little buttermilk are the secret to making a moist banana bread that is optimally delish. This super moist banana bread recipe makes two large loaves so you’ll have plenty for either breakfast or a decadent dessert.
We recommend freezing one of the loaves to serve another time. They make the perfect homemade treat for unexpected guests and are easy to heat up in no time.
Our banana bread makes a wonderful hostess gift for the holidays, especially when wrapped in our DIY printable bread wrap. It’s an easy project—use our suggestions or create your own design to show your friends how much you care. Just be prepared to reveal our super moist banana bread recipe when asked!
Moist Banana Bread Recipe
Our easy, super moist banana bread recipe is so delicious it will become your family’s favorite for breakfast or dessert!
Yield: 40 slices (2 loaves)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 6 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter, 1 1/2 sticks
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter and flour 2 loaf pans. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and walnuts. Whisk for 30 seconds to fully combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, roughly mash the bananas with a fork, being careful not to turn them into a puree. Add the buttermilk and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated. Stir in the banana mixture just until combined.
- Lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined and chunky looking. Scrape batter into prepared pans. Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached, about 55-60 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 5 minutes then remove from pans. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Use ripe bananas for a super moist bread. The darker the better!
Calories: 134kcal, Carbohydrates: 21g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 120mg, Potassium: 70mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 11g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!