Use common ingredients from around the kitchen to create this extraordinary candy. Our sweet and salty chocolate bark combines simple ingredients to create a crunchy and tasty treat.
Sweet and salty chocolate bark is crazy easy to make! Try this recipe the next time you’re in a pinch for something sweet to serve. Your guests will be shocked (only if you tell them) at how simple this treat is to put together.
You might ask why we instruct you to pour the brown sugar mixture first when you clearly see it on the bottom of the cracker in the photo. The molten liquid will seep through the tiny holes of the cracker and will settle on the bottom, beneath the crackers, after baking 3–5 minutes.
This sweet and salty chocolate bark will disappear quickly – it’s that good. If you have a lot of friends or kids coming over, you might want to make an extra batch.
Serve this up whenever a sweet and salty chocolaty treat is desired.
sweet and salty chocolate bark recipe
what you'll need
- 4 dozen saltine crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- sea salt
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place crackers in single layer, side by side on baking sheets.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in small saucepan over medium high heat. Pour sugar mixture evenly over crackers. Bake 3-5 minutes, until bubbly.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over crackers. Return to oven for about a minute, until chips begin to melt. Remove and spread chocolate evenly over crackers with rubber spatula. Cool until chocolate hardens then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Break crackers back into individual pieces and enjoy!