Decorate for fall with an easy-to-make felt leaf wreath. Our template provides just the right size leaves for a wreath that’s backing is made out of a cardboard cake round.
We’re not going to lie…this craft idea definitely takes some time. There are a lot of leaves to cut out so grab a glass of wine, turn on your favorite movie and settle in for a bit. Or better yet, ask some friends over to help or make the kids participate!
felt leaf wreath instructions
- Everyday Dishes & DIY Leaf Template Printable
- felt (brown, yellow, goldenrod, copper canyon, gold)
- hot glue gun and glue
- 14" cardboard cake round
- binder clips
- X-acto knife
- Download the Everyday Dishes & DIY Leaf Template Printable and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print leaf template and use as a guide to cut out all colors of felt leaves.
- Fold 1 leaf in half lengthwise to form a crease at 1 end. Add a dab of hot glue to the crease then pinch it together so the leaf is no longer flat—you can use a binder clip to hold it in place. Repeat for the remaining leaves.
- Cut out center of cake round, using an X-acto knife, leaving a border that is approximately one inch thick.
- Arrange leaves into a pattern of your liking or use our photo as a guide.
- Once satisfied, glue each leaf onto the cardboard, starting at the top. Work your way down the sides until the cardboard has been completely covered.
- Add your choice of embellishment—or make one of our fabric owls to complete your wreath.