Getting ready for a road trip is hard enough without having to worry about entertaining the kids, especially preschoolers. Give the video games a rest and introduce them to a simple magnet match game to test their learning skills.
There literally aren’t a lot of bells and whistles with this game but that means it’s super affordable and easy to make.
It doesn’t take long to cut out printables, adhere them to a magnet sheet then cut into squares. Revive an old baking sheet to become the perfect lap tray on which the magnets will stick, so no more game pieces falling on the floor and upsetting a child strapped in a car seat!
Who knew something this easy could give you a little extra peace and quiet in the car?
magnet match game instructions
- Everyday Dishes & DIY magnet match game printables
- 1 – 8.5" x 11" magnet sheet
- Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer
- X-acto knife and ruler
- spray adhesive
- 9" x 13" baking sheet
- Download the Everyday Dishes & DIY magnet match game vehicle and hat printables and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print the vehicles printable on regular printer paper then print the hats printable on a magnet sheet.
- Spray the vehicles printable with a coat of Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer, allow it to dry then repeat.
- Once dry, apply spray adhesive to the back of the vehicles printable, adhere to the center of the baking sheet and set aside.
- Next, cut the hat printable into squares, using an X-acto knife and ruler as a guide. To add another level of protection, apply a coat of acrylic sealer, allow it to dry then repeat.
- Let the games begin! Simply have your preschooler match the magnetic hat piece to the vehicle.