Our hazelnut chai tea cocktail recipe is a great cold weather libation because it’s so easy to make and the ingredients are simple. Of course, we gussied it up a bit for presentation’s sake but we were pleased with the results on so many levels!
Everyone knows how to make hot tea—we just added a shot of hazelnut liquor and all the fixin’s. If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, simply swap the liquor for hazelnut-flavored coffee syrup.
While you can enjoy your tea sans cream, it was a lot tastier when we added just a splash, and the toppings were an added bonus. Just a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel syrup and a smattering of sliced almonds took our cocktail to the next level. We can’t wait for you to try it!
Hazelnut Chai Tea Cocktail Recipe
- water, hot
- 2 chai tea bags
- 3 oz hazelnut-flavored liqueur
- optional toppings
- heavy cream
- whipped cream, dairy or dairy-free
- sliced almonds, for garnish
- caramel sauce, to drizzle
- Pour hot water into glasses then let tea bags steep for 1–2 minutes. Add 1.5 oz of hazelnut liquor to each glass then stir.
- Add cream if desired then top with whipped cream, sliced almonds and caramel sauce. Serve immediately.
We used chai tea in this recipe for its spice, but feel free to experiment with any of your favorite flavors.