Hazelnut Chai Tea Cocktail
Our hazelnut chai tea cocktail recipe is a great cold weather libation because it’s so easy to make and the ingredients are simple. Of course, we gussied it up a bit for presentation’s sake but we were pleased with the results on so many levels!
Everyone knows how to make hot tea—we just added a shot of hazelnut liquor and all the fixin’s. If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, simply swap the liquor for hazelnut-flavored coffee syrup.
While you can enjoy your tea sans cream, it was a lot tastier when we added just a splash, and the toppings were an added bonus. Just a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel syrup and a smattering of sliced almonds took our cocktail to the next level. We can’t wait for you to try it!
Hazelnut Chai Tea Cocktail Recipe
- water, hot
- 2 chai tea bags
- 3 oz hazelnut-flavored liqueur
- heavy cream
- whipped cream, dairy or dairy-free
- sliced almonds, for garnish
- caramel sauce, to drizzle
- Pour hot water into glasses then let tea bags steep for 1–2 minutes. Add 1.5 oz of hazelnut liquor to each glass then stir.
- Add cream if desired then top with whipped cream, sliced almonds and caramel sauce. Serve immediately.