Nothing quenches our thirst quite like a cold iced tea—but sipping on the same beverage all the time can get old quickly! This strawberry mint tea recipe, made with fresh muddled strawberries and green tea, is a welcome change.
If you’re a soda hound, this beverage is a great alternative to soda. Since green tea is packed full of antioxidants, we don’t feel the least bit guilty adding our homemade simple syrup.
The key to the flavor in this recipe is preparing the simple syrup and muddling the mint, which diffuses the essential oils of the herbs into the tea. If you don’t have a muddler, don’t worry—a wooden spoon will work just fine. Just make sure you mash the mint really well.
Strawberry Mint Tea Recipe
- strawberry simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 - 4 strawberries, sliced
- mint tea
- 6 green tea bags
- 2 cups water
- 3 - 4 sprigs fresh mint, plus extra for garnish
- Bring simple syrup ingredients to a boil then let simmer for 5 minutes. Let cool the strain mixture using a sieve.
- Bring the 2 cups water to a boil and insert tea bags. Let cool.
- Combine tea and simple syrup in a large pitcher then add ice.
- Muddle 3-4 large sprigs of mint then add to pitcher. Serve with a sprig of fresh mint, if desired.
You can easily swap the mint and strawberries for any of your favorite flavors–basil and grapefruit, lemon and rosemary–you get the idea!