Nutritionists say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you’re tired of cereal, or find yourself skipping breakfast because you’re busy trying to get out of the house on time—try this quick and easy strawberry oatmeal smoothie recipe!
What sets this smoothie recipe apart from all the rest is the honey and blended whole oats. Before you’re ready to combine the components of this breakfast drink, you’ll purée the oats into a fine powder using a blender. This will make the texture of your smoothie—well, extra smooth and best of all you will actually be able to taste the oatmeal!
This smoothie recipe only takes about five minutes to make and yields enough yummy breakfast sustenance for two to three people. The fruit and honey determine the sweetness, so no additional sugars or flavorings are necessary. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Strawberry oatmeal smoothie recipe
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 12 - 15 frozen strawberries
- 12 - 15 frozen peaches, slices
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice, cubes
- honey, to taste
- Place the oatmeal in the blender then purée the oats into a fine powder. Once the oats have been pulverized, add the yogurt, frozen fruit and vanilla extract then puree until completely smooth.
- Add the ice cubes then pulse until the ice cubes are completely crushed. Sample the smoothie then add honey to taste. The amount of sweetness that will be required is determined by how sweet the fruit is and personal preferences.
- Purée until nice and smooth, pour into tall glasses and serve. Enjoy!
This recipe calls for frozen strawberries and peaches, but any fruit substitution will taste great in your smoothie!