All it takes is four simple ingredients to whip up a dessert that’s not only fun to eat but also fun to make! Your kids will love playing in this dirt while making and eating our chocolate-covered carrot strawberries and mud pie pudding!
Chocolate-Covered Carrot Strawberries Recipe
- 12 medium strawberries
- orange chocolate melting wafers
- 4 small bags chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 boxes sugar-free jello chocolate pudding mix
- In food processor blend cookies into crumbs and set aside.
- Make pudding according to package instructions and set aside
- Place melting wafers in small metal bowl. Place water in small saucepan and bring to boil; lower water temperature to medium-high and set metal bowl with melting wafers on saucepan, making sure water is not touching bottom of bowl. Melt wafers while stirring constantly.
- Dip strawberries in melted chocolate, remove excess into bowl and transfer to a parchment-lined plate. Place in refrigerator until chocolate is set.
- Pour remaining melted chocolate in piping bag with narrow tip. Drizzle lines over strawberries to give your carrots some detail.
- Line pots with food-safe parchment paper (or insert small cup). Fill with alternating layers of cookie crumbs and chocolate pudding, ending with cookie crumbs on top.
- Add your chocolate-covered strawberry 'carrots' and enjoy!
Plan on sacrificing a few strawberries while you perfect your technique. You can always eat the rejects!