Tomato Basil Bruschetta Topping
Whether you’re in a pinch to bring a snack to the potluck or you’re about to prepare the full shebang—bread and all—our tomato basil bruschetta topping recipe will knock it out of the park every time!
Of course, we have the best recipes for freshly baked bread, but you can always cheat and go to the market for a loaf or baguette—we can all use a little shortcut from time to time. The rest is a piece of cake!
Who knew that such basic ingredients turn out flavor so outstanding! The cheese-to-tomato-to-basil ratio can’t be beat, and frankly, we’d like to put this topping on a lot more things than just bread. After putting the ingredients together, you can serve immediately, but we prefer to let the flavors marinate for an hour or so. Either way, it’s delish!
Tomato Basil Bruschetta Topping Recipe
- 1 einkorn bruschetta bread recipe
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 oz Monterey Jack cheese, cut into tiny cubes
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the bruschetta bread according to the recipe.
- Cut the tomatoes into small cubes. In a medium bowl, add the garlic powder, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar and whisk to combine.
- Add the tomatoes, Monterey Jack and basil leaves. Toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.