If your dad’s a golfer, you can’t go wrong by making him a Father’s Day gift basket. It’s easy to do with a bucket, artificial turf, glue and a few key golf essentials. We even have a printable golf flag to use instead of the usual card!
Any bucket or basket will do. Just be sure to have enough turf to cover the outside completely. You’ll want to trace and cut it in two sections to make it easier to handle.
A homemade gift basket gives you the opportunity to fill it with items of your choosing rather than those you might not want. The kids can have some input too, especially when it comes to which snacks will get Dad through the back nine.
If Dad’s not a golfer, it’s easy to adapt this craft for his favorite sport or hobby. He’s going to love it!
Father’s Day gift basket instructions
Golf-Themed Father’s Day Gift Basket Instructions
- printable Father’s Day flag
- card stock
- wooden skewer
- artificial grass turf
- fine marker
- crinkle or tissue paper
- golfing essentials (balls, tees, glove)
- Download the printable Father’s Day flag and open in Adobe Reader.
- Print on card stock and cut out where indicated using scissors.
- Apply glue inside fold, wrap cutout around the top of the skewer and press to adhere. Set it aside.
- Wrap turf halfway around bucket. Use a fine marker to trace along the bucket’s top and bottom seams and cut out. Use the bucket’s side seams as guides to cut the ends straight. Trace the turf cutout for the remaining half of the bucket.
- Apply glue to the backside of both pieces of turf then press firmly to adhere to the bucket.
- Use crinkle or tissue paper to fill the cavity of the bucket.
- Fill bucket with golf balls, a new glove, tees and Dad’s favorite snacks then insert skewer with flag.