Made with star shaped cookie cutters, stack them up to make a sugar cookies Christmas tree.
This is one Christmas tree you won’t have to worry about taking down after the holidays.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
stacked sugar cookies Christmas tree
- Make sugar cookie dough and cut into star shapes (you'll need approximately 5 each of 5 different size stars per tree, depending on how tall you want your tree).
- Bake cookies per recipe instructions and let cool completely then ice cookies with glaze.
- While glaze is still wet, sprinkle cookies with green edible glitter and add edible sugar balls to each point of the stars. Allow icing to harden, about 30 minutes.
- To assemble the tree, stack the 5 largest cookies, offsetting each slightly then repeat with progressively smaller groups of cookies.
- Use icing to secure a white candy star to the top of the tree, if desired.