This dish couldn’t be any more versatile—our chicken zucchini poppers can be dressed up or down to fit any occasion and they’re easily served with a dipping sauce of your choice. Ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard or our chipotle dipping sauce will all do the trick!
Ground chicken is a great ingredient but it can turn out dry, especially when baking it in the oven. This is why we added grated zucchini. You’ll not only succeed in sneaking veggies into this delicious snack, but they’ll help add moisture to the finished product.
We included the option for adding finely minced jalapeno if you like it hot—and trust us when we say it will not disappoint! These poppers will practically fly off the tray once they’re served.
chicken zucchini poppers recipe
- 2 cups zucchini, grated, skins on (about 2 small)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely minced or grated
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely minced (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix zucchini, chicken, onion, jalapeno, garlic, salt, paprika and pepper together until completely combined.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons onto greased baking sheet spacing at least 1" apart—just like making cookies.
- Bake 18–20 minutes until centers are firm. Remove poppers from oven, move the oven rack to the top position then set oven to broil. While broiler is heating, sprinkle tops of each popper with a bit of Parmesan cheese. Return to oven to broil until tops are light brown and crispy.
- Serve alone or with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Broiling times will vary widely from oven to oven so stay near by and watch them carefully. It should only take a few minutes and it happens fast!