Corn on the cob is almost expected at any outdoor barbecue. Why not bring it to the next level by serving a fresh corn bar with a variety of toppings?
Grab the kids to shuck the corn–outside, of course. You’ll want to have a large trashcan handy.
Use medium-sized serving bowls, to place your favorite toppings like melted butter, mozzarella or cojita cheese, jalapenos, black beans, salsa—or just about anything you think goes well with corn.
Next you will add the seasoned salt and garlic salt along with any other of your favorite seasonings to small serving bowls. With all these great toppings to share, you’ll have something for everyone and a colorful looking table!
Line up your fresh corn and all of your toppings on the buffet with bowls and utensils. To make an individual corn bowl, have guests fill up a bowl with corn and mix in their favorite toppings. We promise they will return for more. Corn served this way never tasted so good!
Fresh corn bar with toppings instructions
- 16 ears corn
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 jalapeños, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups pico de gallo
- 1 1/2 cups black beans
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup garlic salt
- 1/4 cup seasoned salt
- Shuck the corn then boil ears 5-10 minutes, to desired texture, and strain.
- Cut corn off cob then place in large bowl or slow cooker.
- Place toppings in separate serving bowls with spoons. Put toppings on table with corn, bowls and spoons and let your guests make their own creations!
Use a Dutch oven or slow cooker to keep the corn warm, especially if there's a large crowd.