Calling all peanut butter lovers! Our homemade peanut butter granola bars are the perfect snack to satisfy that craving. They’re tasty and easy to take wherever you need them.
Using homemade granola means you’ll know exactly what you and the family are eating. Add or substitute whatever you wish—raisins, nuts or seeds, various cereals, even marshmallows.
And don’t fret if the bars crumble slightly as you cut them. Just collect the fallen bits and toss on top of your favorite ice cream. Or, better yet, eat them as cereal.
These bars are one of our favorite campfire treats. They’re easy to share and—trust us—everyone will want a taste, so be sure to make extras!
Peanut Butter Granola Bars Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats, ground into a fine powder
- 3/4 cup rice crispy cereal
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9" x 13" cake pan with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper and pan lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the oats, ground oats, crispy rice cereal, chocolate chips, chopped peanuts and peanut butter chips until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, mix the peanut butter, melted butter, honey, egg, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until completely combined. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix until everything is evenly coated. Spread the granola into the bottom of the prepared pan and spread evenly. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan. (You really want to compact the mixture here.)
- Bake 30 minutes, or just until the edges and top become slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack. Cut the bars with a sharp knife into desired shape and size. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.
Use extra crumbles to top baked apples or fresh salads!