Watermelon, basil and feta all in one bowl? We know it sounds weird but trust us—the combination of sweet watermelon, salty feta cheese crumbles and crisp, herby basil leaves is a combination unlike any other in this watermelon basil salad recipe.
We added pumpkin seeds because of their nutritional importance. They are packed with heart-healthy magnesium, which naturally boosts your metabolism, and zinc, which strengthens your immune system. Win-win!
All health benefits aside, this salad is out-of-this-world refreshing and is perfect as both a side dish and a main dish when you serve it alongside freshly poached chicken breasts.
Watermelon Basil Salad Recipe
- 7-8 cups mini watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, 4 oz
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pepitas, roasted, pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add lime juice and olive oil to a large bowl and whisk briskly to emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cubed watermelon to the bowl and toss to coat evenly with dressing. Sprinkle with feta cheese, basil leaves (whole or torn into pieces) and pepitas. Toss to coat then taste for seasonings and add more if desired. Enjoy!
If you're making this for a party or a potluck, use the watermelon rinds as serving bowls!