These CBD Oil protein bites are a great way to recover after a tough workout. With all-natural peanut butter, dark chocolate and CBD oil, it’s a decadent way to unwind while getting in nutrients to help your body relax and build muscle.
This post may include links to purchase items from our affiliates.
Why CBD Oil?
Each one of us has stress that we have to deal with on a daily basis. Whether it’s related to work, family or finances, stress has a way of manifesting into physical ailments like pain, trouble sleeping, or a general feeling of anxiety. We’ve found a way to help combat some of those physical manifestations of stress – CBD Oil.
If you’re not super familiar with CBD oil, you may be wondering…. What is it? What is it good for? How do I use it? How do I find the best brand? Well, we want to help you answer all those questions.
Check out our Guide to Cooking with CBD Oil here.
+ If you’re new to CBD oil, you can use a lower dosage or smaller amount in the recipe. It will not affect the taste at all. With the ratio we use, you get about 0.25 mL (or a quarter of a dropper) of CBD. We used the 500 mg strength CBD oil from Populum, but they also have 250 mg and 1000 mg options. Learn more about Populum CBD here.
If you want to try out their Hemp CBD Oil save 10% with code RISKFREE10 at checkout.
+ We chose an all-natural peanut butter because there is more oil for the CBD oil to bond to and mix in more evenly. If you’re not using CBD oil, you could use any nut butter in this recipe.
+ These will last in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Keep them covered to prevent them from drying out and let them come to room temperature before you eat them for a softer bite.
CBD Oil Protein Bites Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oats and chia seeds.
- Add in honey, peanut butter, and CBD drops. Mix all together, ensuring CBD oil is evenly mixed throughout.
- Line a covered dish with wax paper.
- Use a 1 tbs measuring spoon to measure out an even amount of the mixture and roll into a ball. Do this until the entire mixture is used. It should be about 20 balls. These will be sized for a single-bite. If you would like to make them larger, double the amount you roll into a ball.
- Add the bites to the wax paper lined dish. Cover the dish and refrigerate the bites for about 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Take the refrigerated bites and dip them into the melted chocolate. Return the dish and refrigerate for another 15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, enjoy! These will last in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Keep them covered to prevent them from drying out.
One Last Thing
Thank you to Populum for sponsoring this post!
As with any health supplement, it’s important to talk to your doctor to make sure it will not adversely affect any of your current medications.
This post does include affiliate links, which means if you buy the product, Everyday Dishes receives a commission. This helps us keep the site up and running, so THANK YOU! And, we promise, we’ll only feature products we’ve personally tested out and absolutely love.