DIY Apple Votive Holders
Mix up your typical mood lighting and add a little twist with DIY apple votive holders. Consider displaying your candle holders on a nice spread of fresh leaves for extra autumnal flair.
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
DIY apple votive holders instructions
- large apples
- apple corer or sharp knife
- votive candles
- lemon juice
- double-sided tape
- Select large hard apples. Wash, dry and polish to a shine with a soft cloth (add a few drops of oil to cloth to create a super-fine gloss).
- Cut section out of apples with corer or sharp knife to size of votive.
- Pour lemon juice into holes and let sit 5 minutes (this prevents exposed portion of apples from turning brown).
- Pour out lemon juice and let apples dry.
- Add a few drops of melted wax into holes (to hold votive in place).
- Insert votives and wait for wax to set.
- Place tape around the outside of apple.
- Wrap twine around apples and tie to secure in place.