Get ready to party! Affix printable cutouts to a pair of wood cubes then spray with sealer to make a dice drinking game that’s sure to have everyone in stiches!
Six colorful icons with categories such as dog breeds, bands and drinks are glued on the sides of one block. There’s also a printable without names that could include a wider variety of groups.
The first player rolls the icon die and comes up with a name in that category that begins with the letter ‘A.’ The next player has 30 seconds to continue the category using the letter ‘B.’ Play continues until someone gets stumped.
If the category can’t be answered correctly, that player throws the die with numbers corresponding to how many drinks he’ll need to take. Fortunately, there’s also the opportunity to roll ‘Skip’ or ‘Pass.’
This game can be great entertainment but just don’t overdo it!
- 2 – 1.25″ wood cubes
- coarse grit sandpaper
- fine grit sandpaper
- wood stain and paper towel (optional)
- [url href=”http://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/DIY-dice-drinking-game-printable-cherylstyle2.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Dice Drinking Game Printable”]Everyday Dishes & DIY Dice Drinking Game printable[/url]
- X-acto knife and ruler
- craft glue and small foam brush
- Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer
- First, round the edges of the cubes by rubbing each edge on very coarse sandpaper—we used P60 grit sandpaper—to rub each edge 10 times. Count the number of times so each edge will look the same. Repeat the process using fine grit sandpaper then rub the corners of the cubes with sandpaper a few times to prevent them from being too sharp.
- If desired, stain the cubes by dipping a paper towel in the stain and rubbing it into the wood. Allow the blocks to dry completely.
- Download the [url href=”http://www.everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/DIY-dice-drinking-game-printable-cherylstyle2.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Everyday Dishes & DIY Dice Drinking Game Printable”]Everyday Dishes & DIY Dice Drinking Game printable[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print 1 copy of the printable and cut out the star shapes (number of drinks) and 1 set of icons (either with or without the description). Use an X-acto knife and ruler as guide for accurate cuts.
- Brush a bit of craft glue on each side of 1 cube to adhere the star shapes in place. Repeat with the other cube, using the icons.
- Once the glue dries, spray 5 sides of each cube with Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer. When each cube is dry, spray the remaining side.
- Wait approximately 15 minutes then spray another coat of the sealer. Apply 1 more coat if necessary. Allow it to dry then flip the bottom over to spray the remaining side with 2–3 coats of sealer.
- Once the cubes are completely dry, invite a few of your friends over and let the fun begin!
- Select someone to roll the icon die. The player begins the game by coming up with a word in that category that starts with ‘A.’ Example: if ‘band names’ is rolled, the person could say ‘Aerosmith.’
- The next player has 30 seconds to pick a word in that category that starts with ‘B.’ Example: ‘The Bangles.’
- If a player can’t come up with a name in 30 seconds or if they give a wrong answer, they must roll the star die that displays the number of drinks.
- If the numbers 1 or 2 are rolled, the player must drink the corresponding number of drinks.
- If ‘SKIP’ is rolled, the player doesn’t have to take a drink.
- If ‘PASS’ is rolled, the player selects another player to take 1 drink.
- Play continues until the letter Z is reached or someone passes out, whichever comes first (just kidding)! Have fun, but drink responsibly.