Doily stenciled glass votives
This DIY project turns any glass votive into a delicate display. A little paint and a cloth doily, stencil or lace fabric is all you need to create these doily stenciled glass votives.
Our post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links within our content, Everyday Dishes & DIY will receive a commission. This won’t cost you anything additional and it helps to keep our content free!
- glass votive
- cloth doily or lace fabric
- white acrylic paint
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/Tsukineko-Size-6-Stipple-Brush/dp/B00161UHDC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397513204&sr=8-1&keywords=stippling+paint+brush” target=”_blank” title=”Stippling Paint Brush”]stippling paint brush[/url]
- Wrap doily or fabric tightly around votive, trim to size.
- Hold fabric firmly in place and dab paint over fabric moving up-and-down.
- Don’t brush side to side or the paint will spread under the stencil.
- Spin votive, continuing to dab paint, until all sides are stenciled.
- Let votive dry completely before use.