Create something beautiful to welcome your guests this holiday season.
Our crab apple wreath requires some time to construct, but will look absolutely amazing adorning your front door.
You’ll find fresh eucalyptus at your local florist and crab apples can be purchased at your local craft store.
If you prefer a more rustic look, use shrubs or branches from your own yard. Weave the branches through the frame and attach them with floral wire.
For additional color, we added crab apples supported by wire, but you could substitute them with ornaments you already have at home.
Finish the wreath with silver ribbon and natural jute to add a rustic touch of elegance, when hanging. You’ll have a professional looking wreath your guests will admire.
Our post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links within our content, Everyday Dishes & DIY will receive a commission. This won’t cost you anything additional and it helps to keep our content free!
DIY seasonal crab apple wreath makes a rustic decoration
- Poke hole in bottom of crab apple using small nail.
- Cut 5” piece of wire for each apple.
- Dab hot glue on tip of wire. Push glue end of wire into hole on bottom of crab apple. Repeat for all apples. Let dry.
- Cut 5” pieces of floral wire to attach eucalyptus branches to frame.
- Attach seeded eucalyptus to frame one branch at a time.
- Twist wire around branch and frame to secure.
- Cut wire and twist ends together (weave branches together or weave through frame to help shape the wreath).
- Repeat with seeded eucalyptus until frame is covered.
- Cut and attach spiral eucalyptus with wire to add texture.
- Attach wired crab apples randomly to add pops of color.
- Attach ribbon to wire frame for hanging.