Laundry Room Sign
Finders, keepers! The chore of doing laundry just got a bit easier with a functional laundry room sign that is not only stylish but also stores loose change and odd socks.
Use a wooden board, paint and supplies left over from other projects to make it an inexpensive craft. You may have to spring for a hose clamp but that costs only a dollar or two.
You’ll need access to a laser printer to transfer our printable—your local print shop or office supply will have one if you don’t. Once you’ve made the transfer, the rest is a snap!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
How to make a laundry room sign
- plywood board, ½ ” x 12″ x 24″
- wood stain
- 2 paintbrushes
- white paint
- chisel or paint scraper
- laundry room sign template
- black permanent marker
- fine sandpaper
- hot glue gun
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006IOYZ30/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B006IOYZ30&linkCode=as2&tag=chery01-20&linkId=YSD6H6SBD2BZYCDL” target=”_blank” title=”Hose Clamp”]2¼”-3¼” hose clamp[/url]
- drill and screw
- 1 pint Mason jar
- Stain board, allow it to dry then paint it white.
- Once dry, rough up the edges using a chisel or paint scraper.
- Download the [url href=”https://everydaydishes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/laundry-room-sign-printable-everydaydishes_com.pdf” target=”_blank” title=”Laundry room sign printable”]laundry room sign template[/url] and open in [url href=”http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/” target=”_blank” title=”Adobe Reader”]Adobe Reader[/url].
- Print using a laser printer, place it face down on the board wherever you’d like then tape to secure.
- Transfer the print onto the board, pressing firmly with an iron for approximately 2 minutes or until the print transfers.
- Fill in the letters with a marker then gently sand over the letters for a more distressed look.
- Space clothespins evenly below the words ‘Lost and Found’ then glue into place.
- Using a drill, screw a hose clamp approximately 3″ below the words ‘Finders Keepers.’ Insert Mason jar and tighten clamp.