Lend a little style to your fall spread with this elegant DIY twine-wrapped bottles centerpiece. You can dye your twine to any color you choose or simply leave it natural.
twine-wrapped bottles centerpiece instructions
- fabric dye
- rubber or latex gloves
- natural twine
- recycled bottles
- hot glue
- Select the fabric dye that best suits your color scheme and soak your twine in a large mixing bowl. Be sure to wear rubber gloves to avoid dying your hands. Hang twine outside to dry. If necessary, tumble dry on low to ensure twine is free of moisture.
- Fray the starting piece of your twine and hot glue the tab on the underside of your bottle for a smooth transition.
- Wrap the twine around your bottle, using dots of hot glue to hold twine into place. It is critical to use more glue at the base of the bottle to prevent the twine from sliding.
- When you have wrapped the bottle from bottom to top, fray the finishing edge and tuck under the twine at the lip of the bottle. Hot glue into place.
- Fill your completed bottles with water and adorn with your favorite fall blossoms.
I love how the natural fibers of the twine pick up the warm rich hues of the dye.