Don’t be afraid of this sophisticated salad. Arugula is just like a peppery lettuce, endive is a leafy vegetable and pancetta is cured Italian ham. All three should be available at your local grocery or specialty foods stores when shopping for this arugula grapefruit salad with blue cheese.
While this may sound like a strange flavor combination, it is actually perfect. Don’t knock it until you try it! We love salads and we’re always looking for ways to spice up our tired salad routine. This is great for a night with the girls, paired with a fig brie appetizer and sparkling champagne mojitos.
Arugula Grapefruit Salad Recipe
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- 4 slices pancetta, sliced ham, or crumbled bacon
- Mix arugula, blue cheese and grapefruit in bowl then toss with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 6 leaves of endive on each plate and top with grapefruit and blue cheese mixture.
- Garnish with small, twisted slices of pancetta. Serve and enjoy!
Grapefruit and blue cheese one of those flavor combinations that sounds wrong, but tastes so right!