We love a tasty Moscow mule cocktail, so we thought a variation of the traditional favorite would be fun! Our angry mule cocktail maintains the integrity of a beloved ingredient (ginger) with a hearty kick of apple flavor and cinnamon spice.
The beauty of this cocktail is that there is plenty of give and take on the quantity of each ingredient—say, less cinnamon or more apple—you can go easy on the infused cinnamon whiskey or add more apple cider.
You can get fresh ginger from the store and add zest to the mix. Just watch our quick video on simple techniques to easily peel and grate ginger!
Angry Mule Cocktail Recipe
what you'll need
- 4 oz hard cider
- 4 oz infused cinnamon whiskey
- 4 oz apple liqueur
- 4 oz ginger beer
- juice of 2 large limes plus extra for garnish
- wedges apple for garnish if desired
- sticks cinnamon for garnish if desired
let's do it
- Combine liquid ingredients in a pitcher or large measuring cup then stir.
- Roll two large, whole limes on a hard surface to release the juices, slice in half then squeeze juice into the mixture and stir.
- Pour mixture into glasses filled with ice then garnish with lime wedges, sliced apple and a cinnamon stick. Salute!
One Last Thing