Boozy Melon Balls
Our boozy melon balls recipe is an awesome way to serve a refreshing cocktail that isn’t actually a cocktail! We used watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew to create the perfect colorful balance of fruity flavor and liquor.
If you don’t have a melon baller, simply cut the fruit into 1-inch cubes then follow the instructions as directed. Melon balls are more formal, so if you’re serving this for your backyard soiree, then save yourself the trouble.
We absolutely loved the smooth-tasting combination of whipped cream vodka and orange liqueur soaked into the fruit—everyone went bananas over it in the test kitchen! Just make sure you tread lightly with consumption, or these sweet little guys will creep up on you!
Easy Boozy Melon Balls Recipe
- 1 mini watermelon, seedless
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 cantaloupe
- 3/4 cup whipped cream flavor vodka, or plain
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- Slice melons in half then remove seeds from the cantaloupe and honeydew.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out as many balls as possible then place in a large bowl.
- Add whipped cream vodka and orange-flavored liqueur. Toss to combine.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours, tossing as often as possible. Serve in rocks glasses with a bit of the liquid spooned over the top. Use cocktail picks or small forks for serving.