You have to taste this to believe it! Our chocolate layered vanilla pudding pie recipe with homemade almond crust is a game-changer. Yes, you can make this dessert from scratch without so much as breaking a sweat!
This sweet-tooth-satisfying dessert is light with just enough sugar to kick your craving—we love it when we don’t have to feel guilty about consuming chocolate and vanilla. You should have seen our staffers hovering eagerly over the pie dish in the test kitchen.
If you have extra filling, all the better! Vanilla pudding makes a great snack for the kids (ahem, you). Enjoy on its own or grab some fruit slices for dipping. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe!
Chocolate Layered Vanilla Pudding Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 almond pie crust recipe, or 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
- 1 vanilla pudding recipe
- 8 oz whipped cream, or whipped topping, dairy or dairy-free
- chocolate sprinkles
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips. Off the heat, whisk in the cream. Pour into a room-temperature crust and coat completely, including up the sides. Refrigerate to harden.
- Prepare pudding and let sit for 5 minutes to cool a bit before transferring to the chocolate-coated pie crust and smoothing into an even layer or slightly higher in the center. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or until completely chilled.
- Just before serving, remove the pie from the fridge, cover with whipped topping and chocolate sprinkles. Enjoy!
Use chocolate chips, sprinkles or chocolate sauce as topping—or make it a mixture of all three!