If hot chocolate is the answer to all your winter blues, why not dress it up so it’s super fun and tasty? With a little chocolate hazelnut spread, mini marshmallows, chocolate syrup, and milk, we’ve made the season’s best chocolate hazelnut cocoa with sea salt!
The rich, creamy chocolate hazelnut spread, combined with a little salt to complement the sweet, will make you feel like you’re drinking dessert! This recipe is super easy to make and the kids (ahem, and adults too!) will go crazy for this cold weather drink.
We’re tempted to make this recipe at the slightest hint of cold weather because it’s so darn delicious—but it’s a perfect special treat for the kiddos on a snow day, too.
Chocolate Hazelnut Cocoa Recipe
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 3 Tbsp hot fudge sauce, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- whipped cream, dairy or dairy-free
- Pour milk in medium saucepan over medium heat and stir in marshmallows.
- Stir constantly until marshmallows are completely melted then add chocolate hazelnut spread, hot fudge sauce and sea salt. Stir until chocolate hazelnut spread is completely dissolved.
- Pour into mugs, top with whipped cream, mini marshmallows and a drizzle of hot fudge sauce. Serve right away!
Whipping this up for the adults? Add a splash of Baileys for a little extra zing!