Ginger Lime Cocktail
We decided to upgrade the traditional gin and tonic by adding fresh grated ginger, a bright-tasting boost of lime and a secret ingredient (tonic syrup). Bam! Our ginger lime cocktail recipe was born!
Tools are not necessary for this recipe, but we did have the assistance of a hand-held citrus juicer to get the most out of our limes. Otherwise, make sure you roll the lime around on the counter using medium pressure to get the juices flowing before you squeeze!
We also used a small ceramic ginger grater. If you don’t have one, they’re inexpensive and easy to find. A microplane or fine grater will work as well—check out our video and learn simple techniques for peeling and grating ginger without a tool. We opted for a hearty portion of ginger in this drink, but you can use as much or as little as you like.
Ginger Lime Cocktail Recipe
- ginger, peeled and frozen
- juice of 1 large lime, plus extra for garnish
- 8 oz club soda
- 8 oz gin
- 2 tsp tonic syrup
- In a large measuring cup, grate desired amount of ginger then add the juice from one large fresh lime.
- Next, add club soda, gin and tonic syrup. Stir ingredients using a whisk or spoon, then pour mixture into glasses filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a lime wheel, if desired, then serve immediately.