Glazed Cinnamon Scones
Our glazed cinnamon scones are even better than the ones you get from the bakery! The instructions are easy to follow and you’ll have warm, gooey scones on the table in an hour or less.
Baking honestly has never been easier. You literally just have to mix your ingredients to the right consistency then manage the dough with your trusty pastry cutter (which is actually REALLY fun!). Pop your scones in the oven until they’re golden brown then drizzle them in the warm, gooey glaze.
You can serve these glazed cinnamon scones for breakfast, and they make a fun dessert. If you opt for the latter, try one of our amazing adult coffee drinks to serve in tandem with the scones—yum!
Glazed Cinnamon Scones Recipe
Glazed cinnamon scones are easy to make! In just one hour, these warm, yummy treats are table-ready.
Yield: 8 scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold, 1 stick
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, plus extra for brushing
- 2 Tbsp sugar in the raw, or coarse sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut in butter until mixture is crumbly and butter is pea-sized. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, egg and cream until evenly combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Form dough into a ball and roll or pat to ½" thickness. The dough will be about 9"–10" in diameter.
- Cut the dough like a pizza into eight equal pieces and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops of scones with additional heavy cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 10–12 minutes then remove from oven and allow to cool slightly on a rack. Meanwhile, stir together powdered sugar, cinnamon, milk and vanilla until glaze forms. Drizzle over scones after they have cooled slightly then serve while still warm.
The crunchy topping adds the best texture to this recipe!
Calories: 371kcal, Carbohydrates: 50g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 78mg, Sodium: 293mg, Potassium: 69mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 27g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!