Pink Lemonade Margarita
Looking for a fun summer drink recipe that will raise your guests’ eyebrows and have them humming with glee? Try this pink lemonade margarita recipe for your next backyard party.
Did you know that a lot of store-bought pink lemonade is colored with food coloring? We made ours without, which is actually easy to do using lemon juice, cranberry juice, water and sugar! No food coloring necessary.
Now, we must warn you that just because this cocktail taste’s like lemonade, doesn’t mean it is shy on alcohol. There are two shots of liquor in each serving, so go easy on the sipping or the booze in this drink will creep up on you. Cheers!
Pink Lemonade Margarita Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz tequila gold
- 1 1/2 oz Cointreau liqueur, orange flavored
- 1 1/2 oz orange juice
- 1 1/2 oz cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 oz lemon lime soda, or more to taste
- juice of a lemon, freshly squeezed
- splash orange bitters
- splash lime juice
- splash lemon lime soda
- lemon wheel, to garnish
- Rinse a glass with water and place in the freezer for a few minutes to achieve a frost.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then get out a jigger or shot glass to measure the ingredients for the margarita. A shot of liquor is 1 1/2 ounces.
- Pour a shot each of gold tequila, Cointreau, orange juice, cranberry juice and lemon-lime soda into the cocktail shaker.
- Next, add a splash of orange flavored bitters, the juice of a whole fresh squeezed lemon and a splash of fresh lime juice. Go easy on the orange flavored bitters—one squirt will do the trick!
- Place the cap on the cocktail shaker and then shake vigorously. For an extra-cold pink lemonade margarita, place the cocktail shaker in the freezer for a few extra minutes to chill.
- Meanwhile, pull the glass out of the freezer and rim with sugar if desired. Because the glass is already ‘wet’ with frost, just dip the rim in sugar granules. If you don’t freeze your glass prior to pouring the drink, just wet the rim with tap water before rimming with sugar.
- Pour fresh ice in the glass or use the ice already chilling in the cocktail shaker.
- Remove the cocktail shaker from the freezer and give it one more good shake! Then pour the mixture into the prepared serving glass. If your drink is too strong, add a splash of equal parts orange juice and lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with a fresh lemon wheel and enjoy!