Grilled Pineapple Sundae
No need to heat up your kitchen with this recipe. Just fire up the grill instead! Treat your guests to an unexpected surprise by serving a grilled pineapple sundae with crushed gingersnaps. Grilling the pineapple will caramelize the sugars and turn it golden brown.
We added some cayenne pepper because it brings out the smoky flavor of the grill. Just grill fresh pineapple slices and top with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of homemade whipped cream and chewy ginger snap crumbles.
This dessert is so easy to make, and it’s the perfect sweet treat for lazy summer afternoons, backyard barbecues and warm-weather celebrations.
Grilled Pineapple Sundae Recipe
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup gingersnap cookies, crumbled
- 1 pineapple, cored and sliced into 6 thick rings
- vanilla ice cream
- Combine cinnamon and cayenne pepper in a small dish and set aside.
- Place 1 cup of gingersnap cookies into a resealable bag and crush with a rolling pin or hands to create small crumbles. Set aside.
- Put pineapple slices on a baking sheet and lightly drizzle with honey then sprinkle with the cinnamon mixture.
- Grill pineapple over medium heat on grill or in a grill pan for 2-3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear.
- Place one grilled pineapple ring onto each plate and top with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream. Garnish with gingersnap crumbles. Enjoy!