Ruby Red Grapefruit Cocktail
Ruby red grapefruit is such a treat when it’s in season. The sweet-tasting juice, combined with fresh, pine-scented rosemary and crisp, chilled vodka, are the star ingredients for our ruby red grapefruit cocktail recipe!
Fresh ruby red grapefruit juice is sure to tingle your taste buds, and the rosemary taste (which reminds us of Christmas trees), will balance the bitter in our cold weather cocktail. The recipe is super simple, and it’s a fun, clean-tasting beverage to enjoy with friends.
Top each cocktail with a sprig of rosemary to really dress this drink up.
Watch our video on how to make simple syrup!
Ruby Red Grapefruit Cocktail Recipe
Yield: 6 servings
rosemary simple syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- 5 oz vodka
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- lemon lime soda
- To make rosemary syrup, bring water and ¾ cup sugar to boil in medium saucepan. Remove saucepan from stove; add rosemary sprigs. Let pan sit until syrup has cooled, about 5 minutes then remove rosemary sprigs.
- Pour rosemary syrup, grapefruit juice, and vodka into cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
- Wet rims of drink glasses and dip glasses in remaining sugar.
- Divide cocktail into glasses and top with lemon-lime soda. Garnish with rosemary and serve
It’s okay to purchase prepackaged grapefruit juice form the store – especially if you’re short on time!
Calories: 239kcal, Carbohydrates: 48g, Protein: 0.1g, Fat: 0.2g, Saturated Fat: 0.1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.03g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.03g, Sodium: 31mg, Potassium: 22mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 47g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!