If you’re one of those people who can’t get enough cookie dough, this recipe has your name all over it! Our einkorn cookie dough bark is prepared using einkorn flour. If traditional flour upsets the tummy, this recipe is the right choice because it contains the ‘good gluten.’
Not on the einkorn train yet? We’ve got you covered with a version containing traditional all-purpose flour. While we’re on the subject of ingredients—we excluded the eggs so you don’t have to worry about any raw or uncooked egg in the final product. Also, mini chocolate chips work best to achieve the right balance in flavor.
Interested in more recipes involving cookie dough? Watch our 60-second tutorials on frozen cookie dough bites and chocolate-dipped peanut butter cookie bites!
Einkorn Cookie Dough Bark Recipe
what you'll need
let's do it
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add milk, vanilla and salt and mix until completely combined.
- Stir in flour until well combined, then add mini chocolate chips and fold until evenly distributed. Set cookie dough aside while you prepare chocolate layer.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and make sure there is a spot in your freezer where it can lay flat. Melt chocolate coating according to the package directions. (It is usually easiest in the microwave.)
- Pour half of the melted chocolate into center of parchment paper and spread it out into a 9" x 12" rectangle, which should make the chocolate about 1/8" thick. Place cookie sheet in freezer to harden—it should only take about 5 minutes.
- Remove first layer of hardened chocolate from freezer and spread cookie dough in an even layer to cover entire surface of the chocolate. Spread remaining melted chocolate evenly over the top of the cookie dough.
- Return the pan to freezer until completely set. Break up the bark into pieces and serve or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Enjoy!
One Last Thing