Big, juicy strawberries soaked in balsamic vinegar and granulated sugar make this einkorn strawberry cobbler recipe the best we’ve ever tasted! Serve it with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream and you’ve got a little scoop of heaven.
Just be careful not to over mix the batter when making this cobbler. As a result, it should be slightly lumpy! And do not stir the batter after adding the berries. They should sit on top—this is how you achieve the ‘cobbled’ look.
Einkorn Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
- 2 lbs strawberries, hulled and cut in halves or fourths
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose einkorn flour, or 3.25 oz
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream, dairy or dairy free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 9" square baking dish. Set aside.
- Place strawberries, granulated sugar and balsamic vinegar in medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir to combine then set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together einkorn flour, baking powder, salt and ½ cup granulated sugar. Add milk, vanilla and melted butter then stir until just combined (do not over mix—batter will be slightly lumpy).
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish. Spoon strawberry mixture evenly over the batter and bake 55−60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and homemade whipped cream. Enjoy!
If strawberries aren’t your favorite then just swap them out for blueberries, blackberries or raspberries. Easy!