Lemon Cranberry Einkorn Muffins
First, you’ll want to zest the lemon. Starting with this step not only makes it easier to zest the fruit, but you’ll also get more juice, too. One juicy lemon should provide all you need for this easy lemon cranberry einkorn muffins recipe.
Add the cranberries to your batter last. Be careful to fold the berries in gently so that you don’t turn your entire bowl of batter pink.
The easy glaze is made from just two ingredients and it tops off your lemon cranberry einkorn muffins with the perfect sweet and tart finish!
Lemon Cranberry Einkorn Muffins Recipe
You don’t have to be a baker extraordinaire to make these lemon cranberry einkorn muffins! The ingredients come together in a snap for a simple and delicious treat.
Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups (9 oz) all-purpose einkorn flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted then cooled
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 5 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place rack in center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl. Mix in lightly beaten eggs, milk, vanilla, butter and lemon juice until combined.
- Fold in lemon zest and cranberries until well distributed throughout the batter. Cover with kitchen towel and let sit on counter 30 minutes. Einkorn flour needs a resting time to fully hydrate. Scoop batter into muffin liners, filling each one mostly full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops are firm and a toothpick tester comes out with moist crumbs attached. Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool.
- To make the glaze, stir together lemon juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl then drizzle over muffins when cooled or slightly warm.
Mixing your batter by hand with a whisk turns out light and fluffy dough that’s not as dense!
Calories: 189kcal, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 48mg, Sodium: 293mg, Potassium: 56mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 17g, Vitamin A: 412IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 46mg, Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!