Einkorn Deep-Dish Focaccia Bread
Change your whole world with our mind-blowing deep-dish focaccia bread recipe. It’s made with einkorn, so it has a nice nutty flavor and it’s easy on the tummy for those who are gluten sensitive.
Once you go einkorn, you’ll never go back. This loaf makes for great sandwich bread, but you haven’t lived till you’ve had a slice of it toasted with butter and a sprinkle of sea salt—it’s divine!
Einkorn Deep-Dish Focaccia Bread Recipe
Once you focaccia you will never go back, we promise! This einkorn deep-dish focaccia bread recipe is definitely one for the books.
Yield: 15 servings
- 5 cups all-purpose einkorn flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz) warm water
- 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 6 Tbsp olive oil, divided, plus more to drizzle
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to thoroughly combine. Dissolve the yeast in the water and add to the bowl along with 3 Tbsp of olive oil. Stir together until combined then knead briefly until smooth. Cover the bowl and let rise for 40 minutes. Transfer the bowl to the refrigerator and let rest for 2 hours. This will allow the dough to fully hydrate.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator to let it warm up a bit. Pour out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and give it a couple good kneads to smooth it out. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to approximately 18” X 14”. If it is too stiff, just let it rest a bit. Fold half of the dough toward you over the other half. It will now be very long and skinny (approximately 9” X 14”), then fold the left half over the right half. Now it should be about 9” X 7”.
- Again using the rolling pin, roll the dough to around 9” X 12” or so. Pour 3 Tbsp olive oil into a 9” X 12” baking sheet and transfer the dough to the pan. Using your fingertips, make deep depressions, dimples, into the dough. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top and generously drizzle more olive oil over everything. Cover well and let rest for 40 more minutes.
- While the dough is resting, preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Place a pizza stone on a rack in the middle of the oven and allow to heat.
- After the dough has rested, place the baking sheet directly on the pizza stone. Shut the oven door and immediately turn the oven down to 325 degrees. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the internal temperature is 200 degrees.
This is the perfect recipe to make and freeze because it thaws fast so you always have focaccia sandwich bread at hand!
Calories: 87kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 438mg, Potassium: 26mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 62IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 94mg, Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!