Candied bacon is all the rage right now and oh so good. So good in fact, we prepared a special gift for Dad this Father’s Day–a box full of chocolate-dipped bacon roses.
It’s the perfect gift to satisfy his salty snack craving and his sweet tooth.
chocolate-dipped bacon roses recipe
what you'll need
- 1 lb thick-cut bacon
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 foil pie tins and foil
let's do it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pierce multiple holes in one pie tin with knife. Place pieces of crumpled foil in other tin to use to elevate tin pan with holes to allow bacon grease to drip through into bottom tin.
- Roll bacon tightly beginning with thick side then set bacon red side up and secure with a toothpick. Place in pie tin and repeat until all bacon has been rolled. Place filled pie tin on baking sheet, bake 30-35 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks and allow to cool on counter.
- Melt chocolate and peanut butter in bowl until smooth, cool 5 minutes. Dip bottoms of bacon into chocolate mixture and place on wax paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze 15 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Box and present to your favorite bacon lover!
One Last Thing