Chocolate hazelnut bird nests
These chocolate hazelnut bird nests filled with mini chocolate eggs will add some fun to your Easter celebration.
After all, nothing brings out the kid in us more than edible centerpieces!
This post includes links to purchase items you’ll need from our affiliates.
Chocolate hazelnut bird nests recipe
- 8 cups cereal
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 36 mini chocolate eggs
- Place the cereal in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the sugar and corn syrup to a medium saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Remove from heat
- Add chocolate hazelnut spread and carefully stir to combine.
- Pour the hot mixture over the cereal and mix until each piece of cereal is evenly coated.
- Allow a few minutes for the mixture to cool enough to handle, then use lightly greased hands to mold about ¼ cup of the mixture into a nest shape.
- Place the nests on a sheet of waxed paper to harden. (Re-form the nests if they become misshapen as they cool.)
- Place a few mini chocolate eggs into the cooled nests and enjoy!