Caramel Irish Cream Mousse
Make a toast to good taste with this caramel Irish cream mousse recipe.
Caramel Irish Cream Mousse Recipe
Nothing is more decadent than a creamy, spiked caramel Irish cream mousse. This recipe is easier to make than you may think!
Yield: 4 –6 servings
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa, sifted
- 2 Tbsp Irish cream liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- whipped cream, dairy or dairy-free
- caramel sauce
- In a medium bowl beat egg yolks and sugar until blended thoroughly. Beat in cocoa and liqueur. If you are concerned about food borne illness caused by consuming raw eggs, we suggest putting the mixture in a double boiler and heating for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a different bowl, whip cream and vanilla until it holds stiff peaks. Stir in approximately ½ cup of the whipped cream to lighten the cocoa. Fold in remaining mixture gently.
- Divide into 4-6 serving dishes and chill for 1 hour. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Have dessert and drink it too! This is the perfect dessert for St. Patty's Day but we like it anytime we're in the mood for some delicious chocolate.
Calories: 345kcal, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 214mg, Sodium: 48mg, Potassium: 215mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 30g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!