Irish Cream Brownies
This dessert was inspired by our favorite Irish beverages. Take a bite out of this Irish cream brownies recipe and you’ll see they are the perfect treat to serve at a St. Paddy’s Day celebration!
This recipe contains all of our favorite things–Irish stout, Irish cream, Irish whiskey, brownie, cheesecake and a chocolate glaze. It’s definitely an adult dessert with the amount of alcohol we added, so we’d keep this treat away from the kids.
Irish Cream Brownies Recipe
Want a dessert inspired by Irish stout, Irish cream and Irish whiskey? Take a bite out of these Irish cream brownies for your St. Paddy’s Day party!
Yield: 24 servings
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 9 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Irish stout
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
cream cheese layer
- 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp Irish cream
- 1 large egg
chocolate glaze layer
- 12 oz package mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp Irish whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and line a 13" x 9" baking dish with parchment paper.
- To make the brownies, melt bittersweet chocolate and butter together in microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring after each time. When chocolate is completely melted, set aside to cool slightly then add both sugars and mix until completely combined. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Stir in Irish stout. Sift flour and cocoa directly into mixture and fold to combine. Pour brownie mixture into baking dish and set aside.
- To make the cream cheese layer, rinse bowl, add cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add sugar, Irish cream and egg, beat until very smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over brownie mixture and smooth top.
- Bake 25−30 minutes until set then remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate glaze, place mini chocolate chips in medium-sized bowl and heat heavy cream in microwave until boiling (30 seconds to 1 minute). Remove from microwave, immediately pour over chocolate chips and allow to sit for 45 seconds. Begin stirring slowly with a whisk (do not whip or incorporate air into mixture). Mix until cream and chocolate are completely combined and all chocolate is melted (microwave for additional 20 seconds if needed to melt chocolate). Stir in Irish whiskey.
- Pour glaze over brownies, place in cool area until glaze is set (about 1 hour). Cut into squares and enjoy!
Have a first and then a second, but be careful—the liquor from these brownies will sneak up on you!
Calories: 337kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 59mg, Sodium: 67mg, Potassium: 61mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 18g
Tried this recipe?Mention @EverydayDishes or tag #everydaydishes!