We made a Christmas cake pops recipe that doesn’t mess around!
Smothered with white chocolate, sprinkled with crushed peppermint and skewered with a chocolate-dipped peppermint stick, what’s not to love about these cake pops?
Christmas cake pops recipe
what you'll need
- 1 sheet cake baked, unfrosted, chocolate (you can use a box cake mix or ask your grocery store deli to give you a plain one)
- 1 can dark chocolate frosting
- white dipping chocolate
- 12 candy sticks
- 12 chocolate dipped peppermint sticks
- crushed peppermint topping
let's do it
- Crumble baked sheet cake into a large mixing bowl. Add chocolate frosting to the cake and knead until the frosting and cake form a dough-like consistency then form dough into 1-2" balls. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet and freeze, 30 minutes to an hour.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Remove cake pops from refrigerator and allow to thaw slightly.
- Melt white dipping chocolate according to directions. Dip tip of candy stick in melted chocolate and then insert into center of cake pop to make a temporary handle; then refrigerate 15 minutes to harden.
- Spread crushed candy cane evenly across a plate. Dip cake pop in dipping chocolate, coating thoroughly and using a butter knife to trim off any excess before dipping top of cake pop in crushed peppermint. Place topping side down and return to refrigerate to harden.
- Before serving, replace candy stick with chocolate peppermint stick.